This should be fun. Won’t it? I hope so. Although I’m looking at The Incredible Hulk with a lot of fear, that’s going to be bad. Also Doctor Strange. I’m not a particular fan of Benedict Cumbumbendumdumbenbatch (A surname joke, how original. Sorry. That’s the last one I’m going to do in this entire series.)
Anyway; sorry about that. First of all; welcome. Thanks for joining me. I decided to embark on this adventure for a few reasons.
- I have genuinely wanted to watch the Marvel movies for a long time, the issue was there was so much of it to watch. I don’t have time to watch all these! I have pints to drink!
- With the release of Avengers: Endgame, and with my extraordinary luck in managing to avoid spoilers of pretty much every movie so far, I decided now is the best time to start. There is an end now. I can watch it ‘all’. ( I’m aware that Endgame is actually just going to be the end of this phase, but even so) You could say I have an……..Endgame? (I wouldn’t though…that’s fucking stupid. Stupid joke, sorry.)
The plan is to watch each of the MCU movies in release date order, with the glorious finale being watched in the cinema. Big screen; big story. Seems to fit. Below is the order I will be watching in just as a reminder:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (With Ed Norton? Ok then.) (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Jesus; it is daunting seeing it written out like that. It works out at about 38 hours of screen time. Lovely.
OK; I’m going in. Wish me luck. And don’t spoil anything for me. Don’t be that fucker.
Check out the twitter page @YouAvengers for updates on when reviews will be posted and for retweets about the shit that Gwyneth Paltrow is selling.